Thursday, August 16, 2018

Sprucing Up A Bodyline Petticoat

I wanted to mention a simple sewing project for you guys. Take a few yards of lace (You might need up to 6 yards if I'm remembering right, just measure before you order!!) and sew it to the hem line of your petticoat.

 I've done this with both a black and white Bodyline petti, and I feel it adds a little more volume and ruffle. Plus, if your petti shows at all, now you can actually see really pretty lace instead of just tulle!

Depending on the lace you use, it will add more weight so please be careful to not deflate your petti too much. The white carousel lace I'm using here is VERY thin and light and not scratchy so I think it does the job! I think this is a nice way to add some value and flare to an otherwise very plain and relatively cheap petticoat:


 

Honestly, this is a pretty easy project. It just takes some time and can feel a little blah just sewing in a straight line for a few yards :P You can pin the lace, or just lazily free-hand it like I did. It doesn't show much, so a tiny bit of length variation doesn't matter much to me lol!

I really wish more places sold novelty lace with things like carousels and music notes on them :( I got both of these decorative laces on Ebay! You can find many sellers there who sell by the yard, even vintage laces are readily available. Have fun :)

No comments:

Post a Comment